The Winterton Town Council website has been created to provide information about the council and its activities, but it also presents a broad history of the town, information about modern Winterton and links to local community groups, special interest groups and much more.
Check out the Notice Board (select Community
and then Notice Board
from the menu or use the Quick Link on the left of any page) for news of forthcoming events and other announcements.
Situated in North Lincolnshire, Winterton is a town of around five thousand inhabitants and lies about 5 miles north-east of Scunthorpe.
Although not a great deal is known about its early history, Winterton is known to have had significant Roman connections.
The old Roman road of Ermine Street runs nearby and many Roman artefacts have been found in the area including in 1747 the discovery of well-preserved mosaic pavements. William Fowler a local builder produced some highly-acclaimed prints of these pavements and some of his original work is held at North Lincolnshire Museum ... read more history here
We hope you enjoy using the Winterton Town Council website and invite you to send us feedback and suggestions about any issue to do with Winterton using the form at the right hand side of this page.
East Midlands In Bloom Judging date
- Winterton will be judged on Friday 8th July. If you would like more information or you could spare a couple of hours. Please contact the council office.
Winterton Show 2nd and 3rd of July
- Come along to our tent and meet with the Town Clerk and Councillors. We will be available to answer any questions you may have and discuss the work of our local council.
Nominations for Civic Awards
- Winterton Town Council are now receiving nominations for the Civic Awards.
The Burgon Award
The criteria for this award is outstanding voluntary work in the community and/or for exceptional task(s) for the benefit of the community. Nominations should be accompanied by a brief biography of the person concerned for the consideration by the council. This biography should outline the reason why the council should consider the nominee. The recipient must be a resident of Winterton or have been a resident in the very recent past.
The Don Johnson Award
The criteria for this award is the same as above but for nominees under 18 years of age.
The Sporting Achievement Award
This is for a team or individual that live in Winterton or are part of a team that is based in Winterton.
When nominating details should be given on why it is deemed that the nominee should receive the award.
The deadline for nominations to reach the Council is 15th April and they can be posted to Winterton Council, 52 West Street, Winterton DN15 9QF or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
New Council Website
- We are currently working on a new Council Website. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please send them to us via the Contact Us
Winterton Community Pavilion Bookings
- 2016 bookings are already been taken for the Winterton Community Pavilion Booking. If you would like to book the Pavilion or have an enquiry, please contact the Council Office on T: 488085 or email email@example.com
New CCTV Cameras
- new CCTV equipment is currently being installed and will be monitored 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by the Control Centre based in Scunthorpe.