Winterton in Bloom
In 2014, the Council took the decision to enter the East Midlands in Bloom Competition, part of the RHS Britain in Bloom Competition, the largest horticultural campaign in Europe. East Midlands in Bloom is one of 17 regions that is part of the national RHS “Britain in Bloom” campaign. Participating communities are asked to focus their initiatives around RHS Britain in Bloom’s three core pillars of:
- Horticultural Achievement
- Environmental Responsibility
- Community Participation
Participants are encouraged to promote these aspects throughout the year, culminating in the Judging in mid-July and continuing beyond.
The benefits of being involved are:
- Cleaner greener surroundings.
- Creating a sense of community through improvement of public spaces and positive interaction between community members.
- An increase in civic pride and sense of community empowerment by engaging people in the improvement of their own community.
- Safer environments for the enjoyment of locals.
- Long term improvement for the environment by addressing issues such as sustainability, resource management, conservation, litter, graffiti etc.
- Reduction in anti-social behaviour.
- Positive effect on the local economy such as increased commercial enterprise and tourism.
- Regeneration of rundown and/or disadvantaged areas.
The In Bloom Committee meets on a monthly basis at the Council’s office. We are always on the lookout for new “Bloomers”, if you are interested in getting involved, please take a look at our Winterton In Bloom website to discover for more information.
Please click on the tabs below to view WIB meeting dates by year.
Friday 23rd February
No meeting in March
Friday 27th April
Friday 25th May
Friday 29th June
Friday 27th July
Friday 24th August
Friday 28th September
Friday 26th October
Please click on the tabs below to view WIB agendas by year.
Please click on the tabs below to view WIB minutes by year.
Please click on the tabs below to view WIB events by year.
In Bloom Presentation Event
Sunday 30th September at Winterton Community Pavilion
Please click on the tabs below to view WIB sponsors by year.
- AKE Electrical & Property Services Ltd
- The George Hogg
- H & HJ Huteson & Sons Funeral Directors
- Keigar Homes
- Keith Button Funeral Directors
- Ledgerwood Morgan
- Richtoy Subaru
- Alan & Jane Scorer
- All Occasion Cars
- David & Karen Muldown
- Dean Property Group
- Floral Designs
- Humber Merchants Ltd
- Keith Button Funeral Home
- Kyanite Consulting Ltd
- MD Signs
- MSM Motor Finishers
- Newton Printing Services
- Pete Collins Motor Engineers
- PH & S Barratt
- Phil & Ann Root
- Sedgemill Pharmacy
- Sleeping Dragon Kickboxing
- Slimming World
- Task Personnel Solutions
- T & J Fletcher
- Tina Johnson with Lisa Green & Family
- Winter Swan Veterinary Practice
- Winterton Bowls Club
- Winterton Co-op
- Winterton Lions
- Winterton Medical Practice
- Winterton Post Office
Main Sponsors: AKE Electrical. Keigar Homes, Keith Button Funeral Directors, The George Hogg.
T&J Fletcher, Huteson Funeral Directors, Tesco, Smith & Walker Opticians, PH&S Barretts, Dean Property Services, Sleeping Dragon KickBoxing.
All Occasion Cars, Floral Designs, Winterton Bowls Club, WinterSwan Vets, Sedgemill Pharmacy, Co-op, Newton Printers, MD Signs, Kyanite Consulting Limited, Post Office, Humber Merchants, Buttonswood, MSM Garage, Pete Collins, RichToy.