Winterton in Bloom
In 2014, the Council took the decision to enter the East Midlands in Bloom Competition, part of the RHS Britain in Bloom Competition, the largest horticultural campaign in Europe. East Midlands in Bloom is one of 17 regions that is part of the national RHS “Britain in Bloom” campaign. Participating communities are asked to focus their initiatives around RHS Britain in Bloom’s three core pillars of:
- Horticultural Achievement
- Environmental Responsibility
- Community Participation
Participants are encouraged to promote these aspects throughout the year, culminating in the Judging in mid-July and continuing beyond.
The benefits of being involved are:
- Cleaner greener surroundings.
- Creating a sense of community through improvement of public spaces and positive interaction between community members.
- An increase in civic pride and sense of community empowerment by engaging people in the improvement of their own community.
- Safer environments for the enjoyment of locals.
- Long term improvement for the environment by addressing issues such as sustainability, resource management, conservation, litter, graffiti etc.
- Reduction in anti-social behaviour.
- Positive effect on the local economy such as increased commercial enterprise and tourism.
- Regeneration of rundown and/or disadvantaged areas.
The In Bloom Committee meets on a monthly basis at the Council’s office. We are always on the lookout for new “Bloomers”, if you are interested in getting involved, please take a look at our Winterton In Bloom website to discover for more information.
2016 Business Sponsors
Main Sponsors: AKE Electrical. Keigar Homes, Keith Button Funeral Directors, The George Hogg.
T&J Fletcher, Huteson Funeral Directors, Tesco, Smith & Walker Opticians, PH&S Barretts, Dean Property Services, Sleeping Dragon KickBoxing.
All Occasion Cars, Floral Designs, Winterton Bowls Club, WinterSwan Vets, Sedgemill Pharmacy, Co-op, Newton Printers, MD Signs, Kyanite Consulting, Post Office, Humber Merchants, Buttonswood, MSM Garage, Pete Collins, RichToy.